2017 MO-ACHE Student Essay Award (M-SEA) Guidelines
The MO-ACHE Student Essay Award (M-SEA) is a $1,000.00 cash award and recognition of original essays that stimulate current thinking for healthcare leaders, generate high quality publications for MO-ACHE Chapter News, and develop professionalism in students enrolled in an American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) Missouri Higher Education Network (HEN) program as listed on the ACHE website.
Project: The essay is to be an original composition on a topic to be chosen by the entrant. The essay should be of length between 800-1,100 words in Microsoft Word using a Times New Roman 12 font and 1 inch borders. Pages should be numbered. Footnotes may be provided in an appendix. Essays must be the work of one individual. Upon examination, any essay containing plagiarized material will be disqualified.
The centered heading should give the following information:
- MO-ACHE Student Essay Award
- Title of the essay
- HEN Program in which student is enrolled and expected graduation date
- Student name including prefixes and suffixes
- Student contact information
- Date of the essay composition
The essay should be submitted via the following online form link:
MO-ACHE Student Essay Award Submission Form
If you have technical difficulties accessing the online form, or questions regarding the form, please contact Jim Andrews via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 314-416-2245 with the subject line: M-SEA Entry. Confirmation of entry receipt will be provided via reply e-mail.
Scoring: Final evaluation will be based on a preference for original thinking based on an understanding of health care management that is presented with a high quality of writing in order to make a contribution to the literature of the field of health care management.
Rights: MO-ACHE reserves the right to use submitted essays in its newsletter Chapter News
Eligibility: Participation in the M-SEA project is open to ACHE affiliate students enrolled in any Missouri ACHE HEN program. Missouri residency is not a requirement.
- September 30, 2017 – 11:59 pm – Deadline for submission of essays to MO-ACHE
- October 13, 2017 – Deadline for each HEN school to pick one representative essay
- October 20, 2017 – DJBaltzer M-SEA Review Committee blindly selects $1,000
M-SEA awardee and notifies awardee and HEN programs of final results
- November 2, 2017 – Recognition of award recipient at the ACHE breakfast during Missouri Hospital Association (MHA) Annual Convention and Trade Show
- Financial award of $1,000.00 to one recipient
- Award recipient gets 1-night lodging 11/1/2017 and paid mileage to Tan-Tar-A
- Award recipient gets paid guest attendance at 11/1/2017 MHA evening social event
- Award recipient is guest of honor at ACHE breakfast on 11/2/2017
- Awarded essay receives highlighted publication in MO-ACHE Chapter News
- Award recipient is featured in press releases
- Award recipient is invited to join MO-ACHE Communications Committee
- 2 ACHE Recognition Program Volunteer Service Award points are earned by all contributors of essays 800 words or more in length that are published in an ACHE Chapter newsletter.
- All contributors of M-SEA essays will receive commendation from MO-ACHE.