Manage and Develop Your Career
Assessments, workshops, and other tools are available to help you advance your career.
- Career Center Products and Services provide you with personalized feedback that you can use to enhance your self-knowledge and manage your career more effectively.
- Executive Leadership & Career Development Books will keep you up-to-date on the latest healthcare issues, challenges, and opportunities to help advance your career and assist your organization in maintaining a leading edge.
- Frequently Asked Career Management Questions cover advice on job transitions for early careerists, mid-careerists, and senior executives.
- Career Guides contain advice on career management, personal marketing, coaching and mentoring, and planning from the “Careers” column in Healthcare Executive magazine.
- Career Intelligence Reports contain relevant career management information for healthcare executives, gathered from numerous sources.
- Transitioning From Military to Civilian Healthcare Careers (PDF) outlines myths and realities and provides military officers with strategies for best presenting their skills and networking in the civilian sector.
- Ask the Expert presents advice on a variety of healthcare topics from authorities in the field.
- The 2009 ACHE Healthcare Competencies Assessment Tool (PDF) is designed to help healthcare executives identify their areas of strength as well as areas that they might want to include in their personal development plan. The assessment tool also contains an extensive listing of additional resources for further professional development.
- The audio/podcast, Stop Sabotaging Your Career: Eight Proven Strategies to Succeed in Spite of Yourself, (MP3, 33 minutes) was originally presented by Lois Frankel, PhD, at the 2008 Congress on Healthcare Leadership. Dr. Frankel is a pioneer in the field of business coaching. Her books Nice Girls Don’t Get The Corner Office and Nice Girls Don’t Get Rich are international bestsellers.